This section looks at aspects of environmental law which, although are outside the scope of our reports, are still important to understand and are topics of interest.
We will explore all topics relating to air quality, environmental change, nuisance, light, and unregulated waste sites.
Guide to the climate system and why greenhouse gases cause climate change. Looks at the…
A look at the work of the IPPC and the reports that underpin the policies…
Looks at some of the key impacts of climate change. These include increased flooding, overheating,…
- Contaminated land: Part 2A of the Environmental Protection Act 1990: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/contaminated-land-statutory-guidance
- Waste management: https://www.gov.uk/topic/environmental-management/waste
- Climate action: https://ec.europa.eu/clima/policies/strategies/2020_en
- The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change: https://www.ipcc.ch/
- Committee on Climate Change: https://www.theccc.org.uk/
- Climate Change Act 2008 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2008/27/contents
- Net Zero – The UK’s contribution to stopping global warming: https://www.theccc.org.uk/publication/net-zero-the-uks-contribution-to-stopping-global-warming/
- UK climate change risk assessment: Government report 2012: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/uk-climate-change-risk-assessment-government-report
- The National Emission Ceilings Regulations 2018: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2018/129/made
- The National Air Pollution Control Programme (NAPCP): https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/air-quality-uk-national-air-pollution-control-programme
- Changes to rates for the Climate Change Levy from 6 April 2020: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/changes-to-rates-for-the-climate-change-levy-from-6-april-2020/changes-to-rates-for-the-climate-change-levy-from-6-april-2020