Recent projections from the Met Office have concluded that in general UK winters are going to get warmer and wetter whilst UK summers are likely to become hotter and drier. In addition, there is lots of evidence that extreme rainfall events are going to increase. So, what impact does this have on the types of the flooding we see in the UK? This session will take you through the key components that will impact flooding, and how this will affect the different forms flooding takes. How you can identify these risks, what is planned to adapt to future flooding risks, and what to advice your clients.
The benefits to you:
- Gain and understanding of how flood risk will change as a result of climate change
- Why it’s important to understand the changes of risk
- How you can identify if future flooding will impact a property
- How will the UK adapt to future flood risk
- How can you advise your clients