Its been over two years since the introduction of GDPR and the enactment of the Data Protection Act2018. Whilst most of us thought that this was simply a tick box exercise, in reality it is so much more. In this 23 minute video, we cover the Data Protection Act basics including:
- What is data protection and why does it matter
- Recent decisions from the ICO
- Definitions of personal data, controllers and processors and processing
- The principles of data protection process
- Lawful basis for processing
- Special category data
- Processing record
Questions? Feedback? Ideas?
We’ve included answers to some of the questions we are asked most frequently on our help page. If you need help, have suggestions for new content or would like to feedback on the Academy, please let us know!